Written By Admin
Thursday, February 9, 2017
A number of nutritionists and health experts claim that drinking lemon water before breakfast is highly beneficial for your health. This is the most effective way to keep your body hydrated and also flushes out the accumulated toxins in your body. Lemon is an excellent source of calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium and vitamins A, C and B complex, as well as pectin fibers, carbohydrates and proteins.
The citric acid found in lemon has powerful antibacterial and antiviral properties which can strengthen your immune system and prevent a number of diseases.
To prepare the lemon water you will need to squeeze half a lemon in a glass of purified water. Optionally, you can add some honey.
Here are the 10 benefits of drinking lemon water before breakfast:
1. Improves digestion Lemon has the ability to stimulate greater secretion of bile which improves digestion. Regular consumption of lemon water will help you get rid of the toxins and harmful substances in your body and prevent digestive disorders.
2. Helps lose weight Lemon is loaded with pectin fibers which curb cravings and suppress appetite. This enables you to control what and when you eat. Moreover, the combination of lemon with warm water and honey creates an alkaline environment in the stomach which speeds up the fat-burning process.
3. Cleans the skin A glass of warm lemon water with slices of lemon before breakfast will cleanse your blood and improve skin regeneration.
4. Stimulates the immune system Regular consumption of lemon water increases the body`s ability to assimilate iron, which leads to strong immune system. Additionally, vitamin C from lemon will protect you from colds and flu.
5. Bad breath Lemon has the ability to clean your mouth by stimulating the secretion of saliva which destroys the bacteria that cause bad breath.
6. Balances the pH levels One glass of warm lemon water can regulate the pH levels in your body, reducing the risk of inflammation.
7. Increases the energy Lemon is rich in vitamins B and C, phosphorus and proteins which can significantly boost your energy. Also, it will refresh and nourish your body.
8. Cure throat infections Lemon has strong antibacterial effects and therefore it is ideal for fighting sore throat infections and tonsillitis. Consuming one glass of hot water with lemon before breakfast can significantly lower the risk of throat infections.
9. Controls high blood pressure Lemons are able to clean the lymphatic system and maintain proper hydration. Due to its high potassium content it can reduce stress and help you sleep better. Also, it improves mental activity and controls the blood pressure levels.
10. Cleans the urinary tract The combination of water with lemon has natural diuretic properties which can effectively clean your urinary tract from bacteria. Also, it will stimulate the production of urine and regulate the pH levels, preventing the proliferation of bad bacteria.
Lemon with hot water will significantly boost your energy, help you lose weight and improve your overall health.