How often should one pee?
Generally, there is no definite number of times for peeing. However, people usually urinate between six and eight times a day. Also, there are a number of factors which have an impact on urination frequency such as hydration and how you hydrate yourself.
For example, people who drink more water, will normally pee more often. Also, those who consume alcohol, coffee and other foods and drinks which act like bladder irritants will pee more frequently.
Furthermore, there are people with sensitive bladders who run to the bathroom as soon as they feel the slightest urge. Also, there are those who are able to hold their pee until their bladders are about to burst.
Can we pee too often?
People who urinate 11 times a day, or more, after drinking two liters of fluid may possibly have a problem with pee frequency. Often, frequent peeing can occur as a result of overactive bladder which causes the urge to pee a lot. However, Dr. Grafstein says that we are able to train our bladder, but only if we don`t have incontinence problems.
Other Urine related Facts
- Holding the pee is not bad, unless it starts causing pain.
- Regularly holding of your pee can lead to bladder infections
- The normal color of the pee is see-through yellow.
- Particular foods can change the color of your pee (blackberries can change it to pink).
- Asparagus can cause your pee to be foul-smelling.
- Pee is 95% water.
- Sweet-smelling urine is a sign of diabetes
- The average stream of pee is about seven seconds.
- Your urine stream becomes weaker as you grow older.
- You also pee more as you age.