Well it is and that is why you need to ensure that it is well taken care of so that it looks radiant, smooth and healthy always.
Your skin has many functions and some of these include:
- It can produce vitamin D directly from sunlight.
- It regulates your body temperature.
- It will help to shield your internal organs from harmful germs, bacteria and viruses.
- It will keep your body hydrated by storing up fluids.
- It is sensitive, so you can feel warmth, cold and even pain.
You skin can be easily irritated by external factors such as the weather, lotion, soaps or harmful chemicals which can lead to a burning sensation, redness of your skin, itching and rashes as well as inflammation of your skin.
When your skin pores which is where your hair grows out of and where sweat is excreted from is clogged you are most likely to experience breakouts, skin tags and moles.
There are a lot of conventional medications that you can use to treat yourself, but most cause other side effects that is not palatable.