Written By Admin
Friday, July 29, 2016
The consumption of foods rich in potassium and vitamin C are beneficial for lowering blood pressure.
Smoothies are a great replacement for tea or coffee, because they are rich in potassium. But, they can also be consumed by people who do not suffer from high blood pressure.
Here are 3 of the best smoothies:
1. Strawberry, Banana, Kiwi Smoothie
– Skim milk
– A banana
– A kiwi
– Low-fat yoghurt
– Ground flaxseed
– Garden cress
2. Blueberry-Almond Smoothie
According to a recent study, vegetables like lettuce, beets, kale, turnips, spinach, radishes, carrots and chard are better at lowering blood pressure, because they are high in nitrate and dietary fiber. The study also reveled that an 8-ounce dose increased the nitrate levels for about 150% in people with hypertension.
– ¼ peeled and grated raw beet
– ½ cup unsweetened carrot juice
– ¼ cup salted raw whole almonds
– ¼ unsweetened applesauce
– ¼ cup frozen blueberries
– 1/3 cup ice cubes
– ½ teaspoon fresh lime juice
– Dash of ground ginger
3. Blueberry-Banana Smoothie
– Hemp milk 8 oz. to 8 ½ oz
– ½ cup of fresh or frozen blueberries
– 1 tablespoon of Almond butter
– 1 banana
These ingredients have beneficial effects in lowering the blood pressure and cholesterol, because it reduces inflammation in the blood vessels.
How to make a smoothie:
Blend all the ingredients in a blender until they are smooth, for about 1-2 minutes. You can add milk, if the smoothie is too thick.