Health benefits of turmeric:
- Blood purifier;
- Aids memory and brain function;
- Aids in digestion;
- Maintains the skin clear;
- Analgesic.Turmeric can help you fight against over 150 diseases. It helps detoxify your body, improve memory, reduce the levels of triglycerides, regulate blood pressure, regulate metabolism and control body weight as well. In addition, it aids in digestion, it improves the function of the immune system, improves liver health and may prevent the development of cancer due to its powerful anti-cancer properties.Turmeric powder can be purchased from any herbal pharmacy.
Turmeric has been reported to be safe for pregnant and nursing women by the University of Maryland Medical Center. However, before taking any turmeric or turmeric supplements, it is advised to consult with your doctor.
There are many variations of the golden milk recipe, but we’ve chosen the one provided by Wellness Mama. This recipe uses coconut milk, but you can use any type of milk you prefer.
Golden Milk Recipe
- 1 can of coconut milk plus 1 cup of water; or 3 cups of homemade coconut milk;
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric;
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon;
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey or maple syrup or to taste;
- A pinch of black pepper;
- A small piece of fresh, peeled ginger root; or ¼ a teaspoon of ginger powder;
- A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional).
Combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender and blend until you obtain a smooth mass.
Next, pour the mixture into a small sauce pan and heat for about 3-5 minutes over medium heat. It shouldn’t start boiling.
Consume it right away.