Written By Admin
Wednesday, June 8, 2016
Health Benefits of Blueberries
With blueberries you can prevent signs of aging like wrinkles, age spots, cataracts, osteoporosis, hair loss, dementia, and Alzheimer’s disease by eating blueberries and getting the most out of the antioxidant potential!
1. Aging: Aside from genetic factors, for which there is no apparent solution, and we consider the effect of free radicals on aging as the main cause of various symptoms, then blueberries bring you the brightest ray of hope for staying young. These “superfood” berries are packed with antioxidants and rank number 1 in the world of antioxidants.
2. Urinary Tract Infection: The formation of certain bacterial colonies like E-coli along the lining of the inner walls of urinary tract is responsible for this infection. It results in inflammation, a burning sensation during the passage of urine and other complications.
For this condition, blueberries can be surprisingly beneficial. It has a compound formed of large, polymer-like molecules which inhibit the growth of such bacteria. It also has certain antibiotic properties which add to this effect. These heavy molecules scrub these bacteria off the walls along the tract, thereby preventing the infection. So far, this compound has only been found in cranberries and blueberries.
3. Eye Care & Macular Degeneration: Blueberries are one of the best alternatives for spectacles, contact-lenses, eye-drops, medications and eye surgeries. They can prevent or delay all age-related ocular problems like macular degeneration, cataracts, myopia and hypermetropia, dryness, and infections, particularly those pertaining to the retina, due to their antioxidant properties.
4. Constipation & Digestion: While the roughage (fiber) in a couple handfuls of blueberries prevents constipation, the vitamins, sodium, copper, fructose and acids improve digestion by stimulating the correct gastric and digestive juices to move food smoothly and safely through your gastrointestinal system.
5. Cancer: Blue Berries can prove to be extremely valuable for cancer patients, for they contain certain compounds like Pterostilbene (an excellent remedy for colon and liver cancer) and Ellagic Acid which, in harmony with Anthocyanin and other antioxidants like vitamin-C and copper, can do miracles to both prevent and cure cancer.
6. Heart Disease: The high fiber content, those brilliant antioxidants, and their ability to dissolve the ‘bad cholesterol’ makes blueberries an ideal dietary supplement to cure many heart diseases, while also strengthening the cardiac muscles.
7. Immunity: Blueberries, being very rich in antioxidants like Anthocyanin, vitamin C, B complex, vitamin E, vitamin A, copper (a very effective immune builder and anti-bacterial substance), selenium, zinc, and iron (promotes immunity by raising hemoglobin and oxygen concentration in blood), it can seriously boost your immune system and prevent infections.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLUEBERRIES
Once your immune system is strong, you won’t catch colds, fever, pox and countless other communicable diseases spread by bacteria and viruses.
Other Benefits & Facts: Blueberries keep you feeling fresh, active, fit, sharp, close to nature and in a good mood, as they are very good antidepressants. You also won’t need to spend a lot of money on medicine, because blueberries are effective against so many different conditions.
There are also no negative side effects associated with this “superfood”. A final interesting thing to know about blueberries is that the deeper the color of the blueberries, the richer they are in antioxidants and other medicinal nutrients.
In other words, eat them until your tongue turns blue in order to live a long and healthy life.
Health Benefits of Blackberry
Benefits of blackberry which provides respite in various health conditions have been discussed as under:
1. Antioxidant potential: Blackberries contain a profuse amount of powerful antioxidant which protects the body in multiple ways. Components such as phenolic acids, flavonoids and flavonols particularly anthocyanosides present in blackberries work against the harmful oxygen free molecules and counteract their action.
2. Anti-cancer properties: Blackberry fruit is effective against the development of cancer including lung cancer, colon cancer and esophageal cancer. The micronutrients present in blackberries exert chemopreventive effect and prevents the proliferation of malignant cells.
Various scientific research conducted on blackberries have advocated this fact and have attributed the anti-cancer activity to the abundance of anthocyanins and other phytochemicals such as ellagic acid and cyaniding-3-glucoside which inhibits tumor growth and metastasis.
3. Defense against endothelial dysfunction: Blackberries provides protection against the endothelial dysfunction which is characterized by the abnormal functioning of inner lining of blood vessels.
As suggested by scientific studies, it contains useful components such as cyaniding-3-O-glucoside which fights the oxidative activity and helps in the normalizing multiple critical factors implicated in such conditions. It helps in reducing the DNA damage and guards against vascular failure.
4. Improved digestive health: Blackberries are a source of both insoluble and soluble fiber essential for the optimum functioning of digestive system. Insoluble fiber in blackberries encourages easy and better absorption of water in the large intestine and adds bulk to the stools. This aids in regular bowel movements, freedom from constipation and apt digestive health.
5. Healthy heart: Richness of flavonols such as anthocyanins in blackberries makes it a heart friendly fruit. Other useful components such as magnesium and fiber content present in blackberries prevent the arteries from getting blocked and stimulates smooth blow of blood. This reduces the risk of various heart diseases such as stroke, atherosclerosis and maintains cardiovascular health. Magnesium content in blackberries also helps in regulating the blood pressure and prevents cardiac arrhythmia and irregular contraction.
6. Immunity booster: Blackberries help in improving the immune system of the body attributing to the presence of phytoestrogens, vitamins and minerals. Regular consumption of blackberries helps fight various pathogens and protects from body from infections and other fatal illnesses.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF BLACKBERRYS
7. Aids in weight management: Owing to very low amounts of sugar, blackberries assist in healthy weight management. Effective cleaning of the bowels owing to the fiber content in blackberries and very few amounts of calories makes it an excellent snack during the weight loss attempts.