Written By Admin
Wednesday, April 13, 2016
Are you having trouble sleeping? Have you ever thought that it may be your diet? Try this delicious recipe before you go to bed!
If you often eat something before going to bed, make sure you choose foods that will not affect your sleeping and keep you awake until late in the night. Avoid eating sugary snacks that cause rapid increase of your blood sugar, which is exactly the opposite of what you want at that time of the day.
This is a recipe of a cocktail based on powerful and healthy ingredients that promote a good night’s sleep in many ways. High calcium content in milk calms the nervous system, and the lactose releases endorphins.
Milk is also rich in tryptophan, an amino acid which turns into serotonin, a neurotransmitter that has the function to regulate the body’s clock. Chamomile and valerian are known for their ability to relax. Valerian calms the nervous system, same as chamomile, and it is also known as a muscle relaxant.
1 1/2 raw organic milk or coconut milk (almond or hemp)
1 chamomile tea bag
2 tsp cocoa powder
10 drops valerian
1. Put the milk in a small saucepan. Drop in the chamomile tea bag and simmer for 8-10 minutes, until you get a nice and milky chamomile infusion.
2. In a cup mix the cocoa powder and some filtered water, and make sure you use just enough to get a thick paste.
3. Remove the tea bag from the pan and squeeze it so it can release the very last remnants of the infusion.
4. Add the valerian tincture and pour the hot milk in the cup. Stir well so it can combine with the cocoa paste.
5. Drink this brew 10 minutes before you go to bed.